Friday, August 14, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away



Well, out of 7 multisport races leading up to this weekend, I had raced in the rain in four of them. As last weekend approached they were calling for a beautiful day. Well, true to form, I woke up last Sunday to RAIN, and a lot of it. So now the count stands at 5 of 8 races. Leading up to this year I don't think I've ever raced a multisport race in the rain! It's come to the point where my friends won't sign up for the same races as me!

So two, two weekends in a row and two wet races for the new bike. I've been trying to come up with a name for it, maybe Rubby Ducky is appropriate. So far the best I can come up with is "WMD" (Weapon of Mass Destruction). Just doesn't flow though. Maybe I should ask Autumn and Joshua to name it! It fits nicely and has gotten me to some pretty good bike splits in some pretty bad conditions. Here it is......

Last week Lauren was away at a class in Boston from Wednesday to Sunday. Autumn had a hard time initially, but I kept her (and Joshua) busy with special nights out to Chick Fil-a and the Quakertown Carnival with Brooke.....


We all missed her and we're glad she's back home with us!

1 comment:

  1. Yuck - you sure do have bad luck with rain!
    :( Hopefully it'll be sunny skies from here on out!

    Love the new bike! :)

    ReplyDelete