Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Birthdays and more brithdays!!

Been a little while, but as you will see, we've been busy with birthday stuff. Lauren's birthday started it all off on September 26. We went to a great B&B in Point Pleasant near New Hope, enjoyed a great dinner and a fun day of walking around New Hope on Sunday.

The next week was Autumn's birthday on 10/1, so we treated her to a night at Red Robin (and we got our annual family pictures). The next day we had a family party at our house to celebrate!
On Saturday we headed to the pumpkin patch for a hay ride and to pick some pumpkins....

Then Saturday night Jer and I headed down to New Jersey to celebrate his birthday on 10/4 by doing a multisport race. It was Jer's 2nd duathlon and my first half iron distance triathlon. We had a good night sleep and made it to the race site ready to go. I had been on the fence about racing the half distance because I was losing motivation as it got colder and the nights got longer. Lauren convinced me to give it a go in preparation for next year's Eagleman Half Ironman. I'm glad it did. Turned out to be a nice day, my goal was to take it easy on the bike AFTER I survived the swim leg and see what I had for the run. I felt pretty good on the bike (save the sore butt) and had a great run, posting the fastest run time for 13.2 miles by 3.5 minutes! Jer was there when I finished and I learned that not only had I finished 5th overall and first in my age group, SO HAD HE!! What a great day to celebrate his birthday.

So, that left us with one last birthday celebration. Last weekend was Autumn's "kid" party. About 12 kids (and the corresponding adults) were treated to a great time and an hour of fun provided by Tootsee the clown!













1 comment:

  1. You've had a busy couple of weeks! Glad everyone had good birthdays!!!

    I'm so glad that you did so wonderfully in your half. Tom and I knew you had it in you and we look forward to seeing where all of this takes you... you are so much better than you think (or at least admit!) :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete