Friday, October 30, 2009

Kid again


Last week I tried something new...and different....and a little crazy....but as I think about going back tonight, I feel like a kid getting excited to go trick or treating or something! It started years back when Bill Strickland, senior editor for Bicycling Magazine started having cyclocross practice in his back yard. Well it go so big that they outgrew his back yard and now have these "races" at a compost facility in Emmaus, PA...about 10 minutes from our house. The most interesting thing about these races isn't the "shortcut" (I'll elaborate later), but fact that they're run IN THE DARK. Now it's not really a race, but there are two "motos" each night. The rules are haphazard at most and it's just a good old time. If you don't feel like riding the whole course, you can elect to take the "shortcut" which isn't always shorter because there's a penalty to pay. Last week it was chugging a glass of goats milk, week before was a sausage link. Needless to say, I don't mind riding the whole course!
So tonight is week #2 for me and I can't wait to go play in the mud w/ a light on my head. But first, I'm lucky enough to get a half day of work, pick up Joshua and head to Autumn's school for a Halloween parade!! Mommy did a great job w/ her costume (it's a secret) so it should be a blast.
Here's a link to a video of the action:
Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Chris! Sounds like a fun time!

    Can't wait to see pictures of Halloween! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete