Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Fun

Well, it's been a while! Just before Christmas we got a pretty good snow storm, about 8"! The kids were excited and wanted to get bundled up in the snow suits so after Church I bundled them up and went over to DeSales University. They have a pretty big hill and I'd seen people sledding there before but never gone myself. It was PACKED with people when we got there and Autumn saw some friends from school, which was good because she wouldn't have went down the hill if she hadn't seen one of her friends do it!! She did really well until she got spun around and took a pretty good tumble...."yardsaling" her hat and gloves across the hill and then the crying began. I was proud of her though, she toughen up and got right back out there. Joshua and I had a blast, he was riding down with me giggling all the way! Then I would take him half way up and let him go down by himself, HE LOVED IT!! So, fun was had by all...and it wasn't even Christmas yet!
Christmas was great. Christmas Eve was busy, brunch at my Dad's, church at 4:00, dinner at my moms....then a great Christmas morning at home with the kids and Robbie and dinner at Carolyns. Autumn said "it was the best Christmas ever" because "Santa brought everything she wanted"!! Joshua was happy with all of his new trucks, tractors, cars and books. Last night we had a blast playing with the tractors with some corn in the living room....just like I used to do when I was little! I even pulled out one of my old backhoe's for him to play with....he say's it's his backhoe now!
Hope everyone has a great New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had a good holiday. The sledding hill looks awesome! :) Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete