Monday, March 29, 2010

Birthday Boy!

Joshua turned 3 yesterday. Sad to see them grow up so quick. He had a great birthday party with family on Saturday night. The theme of the night was matchbox cars....and his first "big boy" bed...a car bed of course! We had fun yesterday, after church and a nap we went to the car show at Stabler, then off to Red Robin. Top the day off with left over birthday cake and America's Funniest Video's and you've got one happy kiddo!


On Saturday as I finished up one of my longest runs (about three weeks before Boston) I always tell myself that the "hay's in the barn". All of the hard work and training is done, time to sharpen the legs and reduce the volume for the next few weeks. Hard to believe the Boston will be three weeks from today. Thinking back to those dark, cold and snowy early AM's it feels like the build up started so long ago. Spring has teased us with some nice weather, budding trees and blossoming flowers. Patriots day is on it's way.

This Boston will be fun. I skipped last year to focus on Duathlon Nationals. So after five consecutive years and one "bye", I"ll be headed to Hopkinton for my 6th Boston. This year we're leaving the kids at home with the family and Lauren will be running as well. Hard to describe the atmosphere of the town, the expo and the race itself, but if you ever have the opportunity...take it!

Last week we had some incredible weather, I did manage to get out for 90 miles of road riding. Then hopped into the Caesar Rodney Half Marathon in Delaware on Sunday. Adding the riding onto my normal marathon training zapped the legs a little so I started out with a friend of mine and was able to drop the pace after 5 miles or so...resulted in a 1:18 and a big negative split on a hilly course so I was happy with that. Hoping to race a duathlon the week before Boston...but need some bike time first!

No comments:

Post a Comment