Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Garges Family Holiday 2010

Well, we had a great Holiday season this year. Christmas Eve is usually our most hectic day as we travel to my dad's for brunch and gifts, then church, then my mom's for dinner and gifts. My dad enjoyed telling stories to the grandchildren while we got the food ready...
After church we headed to my mom's house. We had a great meal and the kids (including Daddy) got some great gifts! My gifts included some new trail gear and winter riding gloves.

Joshua got a new bike!
After a hectic day of running around Lauren read "The Night Before Christmas" to the kids so Santa could get in and get that tree loaded up!


Christmas day was a nice relaxing day spent at home.....after the kids woke us up at the crack of dawn. They had such a great time. It's such a blast to watch them open the gifts...then to get to play with them as well. Autumn is a big UNO fan, so she proudly displayed her "UNO ATTACK" game that Santa brought.

Joshua is in a Toy Story kick now, so he was glad to get his Toy Story RC car!
Walker even got a new bed from Santa. And he was quick to break it in! Don't know why he's so tired though, we did all the wrapping and running around.
I even managed to get a nice cool bike ride in!

I did get some bad news for Christmas though, I have a stress fracture in my left foot. A few too many miles on the rocky mountain trails training for my upcoming 50K. It seems as though I caught it early enough that there won't be a ton of time off. I have been forced onto my bike though, which had been neglected the whole month of December. The trainer isn't "fun", but it's a necessary evil. Heck, I may even jump into the last cross race of the season next week!

Been thinking through 2010 and planning out 2011. I'll update more on my next post

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year Chris! Glad you guys had a good holiday! Take care of that foot! :) What 50k are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! LOVE the picture of Walker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the family pic with the matching outfits!!

    Sorry to hear about your foot! Take it easy and heal up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I am with Colleen, which 50K? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out that Trakkers green bike! Sweet! My son has a similiar bike (green) and the same helmet, and he's sitting here going "huh? Is that me?" haha! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any Christmas involving a new bike has got to be good. Which 50k are you doing?

    ReplyDelete