Friday, January 6, 2012

UCI Masters Cyclocross World Championships by Exergy Preview, Louisville

Cross season finished up nearly a month ago in these parts.  I haven't ridden in the grass since then, but that will change this weekend.  My race bike is en route to Louisville, as will myself and three Lamprey teammates, to race the Masters World Cyclocross Championships.  I hadn't planned on racing this initially, but when we got to bench racing and talking about it, it sounded like a great opportunity to check it out.  Now, I'm glad we're going and I'm pretty damn excited about it too! 

Wednesday Greg and I glued up my first set up tubulars, Easton EA70x wheelset with Challenge Fango (ft) / Grifo (rr) tires.  We packed our bikes into the cases, shipped down a car rack and bike stand and we're on our way!  Cross Nationals are happening RIGHT NOW and seeing the coverage of that is peaking my excitement more!

So as I begin my official Boston training, I'll be squeazing in some grass workouts on the bike and a couple on the trainer, lowering my run miles for the week and (on Thursday) heading down to Louisville.  My seeding qualifier is Friday morning which will set our call ups for the main event on Saturday January 14.  I'll be racing for my place in the world rankings in the 35-39 age group.  As of now there are nearly 60 people registered for my age group, if we hit 80 our seeding qualifier will be our chance to make it to the main event. 

The course looks awesome.  Even includes a "flyover" which is my personal favorite (well, I think it is cool, but I've never officially done one)!  As for my goals, well GOAL #1 is to have fun.  On top of that, a top 50% finish, maybe even a top 20 would just be icing on the cake.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Chris. I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude you are SUCH a badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete