Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Boston Marathon 2013 Training Update - Boston.com surprise

I got some exciting news last week, I was selected to blog about my Boston Marathon training for the final six weeks leading up to the race on Boston.com!  My first post was published this AM, it's a bit of an introduction.  There are six of us so it will be exciting to share the process and the experience with the other bloggers as well.

As far as training goes, I passed up one of my favorite races last weekend in lieu of a solo 23 mile training run at marathon pace + 30 seconds.  Solo long runs are just a touch more exciting than a trip to the dentist, but it's all about "storing the hay in the barn" and I feel like I put a good "deposit" in the barn this weekend, plus it's much easier for injury to creep up while you're racing!  I followed it up with a good, slow 12 miler with some new found running partners on Sunday AM for 35 total miles over two days of running.  That was my highest mileage week of the year at 61 miles and 7 hours of running, add four hours on the bike and it was a productive week of training!

No comments:

Post a Comment